It’s been 2 months & 4 days since I’ve last checked in, so I want to take the time to update you all.
Though I haven’t been blogging much, I have been working much! There will soon be many changes coming to the website and you will be the first to know! I sincerely thank all of my dear readers; I’m so grateful for the support you have shown throughout the course of this blog. As most of you know, there have been many changes and God has so much more in store!
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” – I Corinthians 2:9
Let me share 5 quick thoughts with you:
- Just Do It. Recently, I’ve been inspired more than ever before by Nike’s tagline: Just Do It. So often we complicate things and talk ourselves out of doing things when really we need to Just Do It.
- It’s Not Personal. I know I’ve touched on this many times before, but I’m continuing to grow in this realization. Do you realize that often times people can be a distraction for you and they don’t even know it? This life that we are living is spiritual and we must make wise, spiritual decisions. Sometimes it is personal, other times it’s not; but regardless you just make the spiritual decision and move on. It’s Not Personal.
- Serve God. As we grow in our purpose in life and God begins to place us on our assignments, we must realize that though we are serving people, ultimately we are serving God. Don’t get so focused on the people that you will be tossed to and fro by their flunctuating approval of you, but rather keep your eyes on Jesus and allow Him to lead you to serve the people. Ultimately, you are serving God.
- Slow Down. If you are going to do anything worthwhile, you must take some time to slow down. Constant activity, constant productivity is not your goal. I’m finding the need to balance my productivity with a rest and refreshing in the Lord. As we slow down, we allow God to refresh us, refocus us and keep us going in right direction in the right heart space. Slow Down.
- Receive Feedback. Do you realize that you only see things the way you see them? Though you must allow the Lord to lead you in who you are intimate with, you most certainly must learn to receive feedback. Don’t seek to hear what you already know or what you already agree with, but learn to be open to receiving other perspectives. Receive Feedback.
As the year is coming to a close, I pray that you are staying focused on Christ and your goals. Don’t be distracted.