So much has been going on that I haven’t been able to blog as much as I’d like, but that leads me to point #1 of what’s been going on:
1. Prioritizing. Right now the Lord is teaching me so much. One of my major focus areas at the moment is PLANNING. What’s crazy is I thought I’ve always used my time well. I’m learning that as our seasons change we must change too. You know, to whom much is given much is required (Luke 12:48). In previous seasons of my life I may have done well with my time, but now I’m learning how to plan for where I am right now and where we’re heading in the future.
2. Reading. This is the book that I’m currently reading and it is a very good book:
The focus is on GRACE. Receiving grace from God, extending it to others, basically living a grace-filled life as opposed to one focused on perfection. It is right on as the Lord is growing me in GRACE.
3. Refocusing. Last month I finished my first semester of community college teaching. I learned so much! I learned more about myself, my student body, and I certainly grew in Jesus. Jesus was a teacher, and He chose me to be a teacher. HUMBLING. The passage in scripture of Him having compassion on those He taught really changed my teaching strategy. I want to teach just as He would. Thankfully, I don’t have to guess how He taught. I can read the scriptures:
“But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them…” (Matthew 9:36a).
As I’m currently on summer break from teaching I’m refocusing on: my Lord, myself, my family, my calling.
4. Revamping. I’m sure you’ve noticed the changes to the blog. I’m researching blogging strategies, I’m working on properly branding the blog, and I’m also looking forward to creating and selling products! Only by His GRACE– that I know.
5. Learning. Through everything that’s been going on in my life I am LEARNING. Learning that I’m not perfect, that I will never be perfect until I enter heaven with my Lord. I’m learning to be grateful and content right here and right now. Learning to be gracious to others, I’m learning how to be gracious with myself.
I’m learning that the process of letting go of perfection is just that- a process.
You know, I’m also learning to enjoy the process.
Yep, I’m LEARNING.
Love you all,