Another year is coming to a close. Before I enter into the new, I must reflect on what I’ve learned this past year.
1. Take care of yourself. There is always something to do but we can only offer what we have to give. Replenish, refresh, rest and restore yourself.
2. Don’t lose yourself. Before you are anything else, you are you. Always remember that.
3. It’s all about the heart. We must get deep and pay attention to the heart issues. The heart, not our actions or appearances, will tell us everything we need to know.
4. Just apologize. No explanations or counter-arguments. Just apologize. Admit your wrong and that you can and will do better. Oh, and mean it.
5. Pray about everything. Everything. And believe. Don’t worry.
6. Open up. Our life is only as full and meaningful as we allow. Open up to experience the fullness of it. Be wise, though.
7. Listen to learn. Don’t listen to talk, rebuttal, impress, or any other reason. Truly listen to learn and respond when necessary. If you don’t have something to say, don’t make up something. Just listen.
8. There is so much you don’t know! This year I learned so much that I was truly humbled and realized how much more there is to learn. Don’t get arrogant about anything. There is so much that we don’t know.
9. Mind your own business. I’ve learned that when you’re overly concerned with other people’s business you are missing something of your own. It will all come out, so it’s best to tend to your own business. We all have enough to focus on.
10. It’s not that serious. So many things really bugged me this year. Ok, ok so many things made me so mad this year but then I later realized that it wasn’t as serious as I made it. I’m learning that most things aren’t as serious as we sometimes make them.
11. Everything will work out. No matter how bad it seems, as long as we keep our heart right and keep our faith then everything will work out. God works out everything for good for those that love Him and are called according to His purpose. I believe that & this year I learned it through so many real situations.
12. Church is necessary! Whoa. We don’t always realize how church strengthens us, protects us, prepares us, and equips us. Without regular church attendance we are vulnerable and spiritually weak.
13. Love through the imperfections. We must learn to love, truly love, through the imperfections.
14. There is more wrong with us than we think.
15. Everything comes with a cost.
16. True friendship withstands.
I am so thankful for everything that I’ve learned during 2016 and especially thankful for those that I was able to learn alongside. Every lesson we learn impacts our relationships so we must remember that as we grow so will our relationships.
Thank you for reading. I’m looking forward to continuing my living & learning journey in 2017…