1. My husband. I remember when being married was simply a dream. Now it’s a reality and I’m so satisfied. This week my huband told me: “You’re not average, baby. That’s what you’re not.”
2. Completing another semester of graduate school. This was huge. Thursday I finished a 15 page paper and carpooled with my professor and classmates to Mannford, OK for dinner and a few rounds of jeopardy focused on communication theory. I remember getting home that night taking it all in. That’s 2 semesters of graduate school done. Now, I’m already enrolling in my final project. God is good.
3. Progress. Today, Maraya got fitted for her pom uniform for next year. It was so exciting for me! I’m so thankful that she is able to be active and involved. I always let her know that her mom didn’t have it like that so she can realize how blessed she is. It makes me think about the song by Drake “Look What You’ve Done”. There’s a line when he says something along the lines of: It if were easy, I wouldn’t have worked so hard. I agree.
4. Peace. Personally, I think it’s practically impossible to progress without peace. I’m so thankful for peace. I can remember a few years ago when I really started to value peace. I think alot of times we underestimate the power of peace. I can honestly say I have peace within myself, I have peace within my marriage, and I have peace in my home. I have peace in my life and I’m thankful for that.
5. Jesus. Several times this week I’ve just had to stop and praise Him. For big things and little things. Just last night I told my husband that when I went to the store for diapers yesterday I literally felt a moment of gratitude. I thought: We’re able to buy our baby diapers. I think it’s healthy to not take the little things for granted. And for me, I know without a doubt if it weren’t for Jesus I wouldn’t be living the life that I now live so I am so thankful for Him. Thank you, Jesus.