As we’ve started a new year, we should all take time to reflect. We should reflect on the previous year- what went well, what we learned, what we accomplished? We should also spend time reflecting on what we want out of 2016. Certainly you don’t want to just stay the same. Do you??
If we don’t take the time to reflect and visualize then things will probably just stay the same. And that’s no good because deep down we all desire change.
Here are a few suggestions to get you planning for 2016:
- Ask yourself “What do I want out of 2016?” It can be as internal as more confidence or as external as a home. Sit and visualize what you want, then write it down.
- Once you have visualized what you want, pair it with a scripture. Now, I’m not saying that just because you pair it with a scripture it will happen, but pairing it with a scripture will help you to consider what God’s view on the matter is. And I know I don’t want anything that God Himself doesn’t want for me.
- Consider your priorities. Write them down. Knowing your priorities will help you to make decisions throughout the year. Your priorities help you to make the best decisions for YOU.
- Decide how you will live. On a daily basis what will you do? What are some things you know you need to do that you aren’t doing? Or, what are you doing that you know you need to stop? These things define who we are.
- Select a guiding scripture. What will be your go-to scripture throughout the year? When you look at everything you’ve written down so far, what is the theme? This scripture will guide you and keep you focused throughout the year.
- Lastly, what areas do you need to grow in? Maybe it’s your mouth or maybe it’s laziness. We all have areas that we need to grow in. Don’t feel bad, feel comfortable accepting them so that you can do better.
Write these things down so you can refer to them throughout the year to remind yourself of what you want out of 2016.
Happy New Year, everyone!