I’m driving listening to “The Body” by Wale and I was inspired to write, so here I am.. You know I love lists so let’s go! 5 things on my mind right now:
1. Happiness, or anything worthwile, will not be handed to you. Worthwhile things require work. Don’t believe me? Check out depression statistics. Happiness doesn’t always come easy.
2. I don’t force things. I’m learning to give up control when it comes to so many things. I can only do so much, and I’m learning to not expect myself to handle everything. I can’t force people to understand me or to do anything else for that matter. This is freeing.
3. The spirit of God will give us everything we need. There are some things we don’t always think about, but one thing I’m thankful for is discernment. The spirit of God will show you things that people try so hard to hide. This is a HUGE blessing because as people we can’t see the hearts of people, but God can and will give us insight into things we may have never known.
4. Quality over quantity. We should all be so thankful for the right relationships in our life. No matter the number, we have to be appreciative for people that are truly for us. Even if it’s just one or two, we should celebrate their presence in our lives. Don’t cry over who’s not there, just be happy with who you have.
5. Don’t react. So often we’re quick to react to people or situations. We must learn to be silent when necessary, then handle things effectively at the right time. Not reacting immediatly also allows us to check ourselves. In most situations there are areas of opportunity on both sides. Taking time before reacting allows you to look at the situation entirely, not just from your perspective. Don’t react, take time and then respond.