Peace is that inner contentment that we feel no matter what’s going on around us. I’ve been in some pretty tough situations and have still been able to remain peaceful.
Peace is not dependent on circumstances. There are some people that appear to have it all together, but on the inside they have no peace. And on the other end, there are poor people who are content and full of peace.
Peace does not always come easy. Sometimes we have to fight for it. Peace is one of those things that we have to be intentional about. It doesn’t just happen, nor does it just stick around. We have to do what we have to do in order to keep our peace.
Here are 5 things that will steal your peace:
1. Getting too busy. Busyness will quickly rob you of peace. Some people are busy doing nothing while others are actually being productive, but regardless of what we’re doing we must maintain balance with our activities. Bottom line: Doing too much will steal your peace.
2. Making bad choices. Think about it- go rob a bank and see how much peace you’ll have. Every time you see a police car you’d start sweating and God forbid you see flashing lights. I’ve never robbed a bank but I can just imagine. Doing good things will give us a peace and satisfaction, while making bad choices will make us feel guilty and depressed. Bottom line: Doing the wrong things will steal your peace.
3. Not getting quiet. Personally, in order for me to stay peaceful and balanced I must have my quiet time! I’m not a big fan of t.v. and I just get so calmed and eased by silence. I’m able to clear my thoughts, rest myself, and keep my peace. Too much noise is a distraction. Bottom line: Silence brings peace.
4. Not doing what makes you happy. Our lives should not center around fun, but we should most certainly do things that make us happy! We shouldn’t deprive ourselves of happiness, nor should we feel guilty for doing nice things for ourselves. We should certainly have balance, but life is not worth living without doing things that make you smile. Bottom line: Happiness brings peace.
5. Keeping others happy. Now, I’m not saying be selfish but I am saying that we shouldn’t be overly concerned with keeping others happy while on the inside we have no peace. We shouldn’t forfeit our peace to make someone else happy. We should definitely be sensitive and there are our times when we will inconvenience ourselves for the sake of others, but that should not be our entire way of life. Bottom line: Your peace is a priority.
We’re in control of our peace so we have to act like it. Keep your peace; your life depends on it.