I just finished this book by Joyce Meyer and oh my goodness. It was an amazing read! I encourage you to read it, but let me share a few quick points with you:
– “Seek God and let Him choose how and through whom He wants to speak.”
– “I have heard God speak to me through children and adults who had no idea that what they were saying was a direct word from The Lord for me.”
– “Whatever we may go through is absolutely nothing compared to the good things that God is going to do in our lives as we continue to press on with Him.”
– “If we aren’t going to be obedient to God and allow Him to govern our lives in that which is little, then He will never make us rulers over much.”
– “The bottom line is, we don’t have to know the why behind everything- we just need to learn to obey.”
– “He doesn’t ask us to live perfectly; He just asks us to trust Him and obey Him.
– “We need to be quiet and peaceful in order to hear Him.”
– “It is not possible to have God’s blessings and continue to pursue desires of the flesh.”
– “If you lose your peace when you say something, God is speaking to you.”
– The primary way we hear from God is through His still, small voice within, or that inner witness.”
And I must share this prayer!
“A good way to start each day would be to pray:
I care about what You think, and I don’t want to be doing things that You don’t want me to do. If I start to do anything today that You don’t want me to do, please show me what it is so I can stop it and do Your will.