Plan a trip! Summer is coming up and we all need to take a break from our day to day responsibilities. Here are 5 tips to consider when traveling:
1. Don’t travel with just anyone. The PEOPLE that you travel with will greatly affect the experience, so choose wisely. If you want to enjoy your trip you may not want to invite the friend with the bad attitude. Keep in mind that you will constantly be with your travel partners for several days. If you want to enjoy your trip you can’t travel with just anyone.
2. Save money. You CAN travel on a budget. Instead of flying consider driving. If you travel with a group you can split costs. Buy snacks before the trip so you don’t have to buy over-priced food while traveling.
3. Pack light. Less stuff to tote means less stuff to forget. Pack only what you need and coordinate outfits so you don’t have to take multiple shoes/accessories/etc. Keep it SIMPLE.
4. Stay CALM. Traveling can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Laugh things off, don’t take everything so serious. If something doesn’t work out, just do something different. Remember that you are taking a vacation because you need to enjoy yourself. Don’t ruin the trip, just stay calm.
5. Forget planning and JUST GO! Planning is a must for some trips, but not for all. Our life needs a healthy balance of order and spontaneity. Sometimes we just need to decide at the last minute, pack a bag, and just go!