1. Every day we should do something we enjoy. We have 24 hours in a day and we do a whole lot. We should be able to set aside time to do something solely for our enjoyment. Read a book, listen to your favorite song, go to the park, or whatever makes you happy.
2. The other day a co-worker told me that she focuses on living IN the moment, but not living FOR the moment. I love this and it is truly something to ponder on.
3. Today my cousin said that just as we cry out “What’s next?!” when something bad happens, we must also stop and ask God “What’s next?!” when something good happens. Expect more good.
4. Goals can prevent us from living in the moment. Sometimes I am so goal focused that I forget to just stop and enjoy where I currently am. Accomplishing goals should not be our primary focus in life.
5. Quiet time and peace are beautiful things. It’s 2:11 a.m. and I’m up reading and writing in peace and quiet. Well, besides the sound of the dryer. 🙂
I’m going to bed. Night.