Today was a great day! This week has been great actually! No work or school from Tue-Thu and I must say that I’m loving the break.
Today was out of the ordinary in a good way. Let me share a few things from my day:
1. My love told me that I’m his best friend. Yes, the love that I write about all the time. We’re extremely close, but it’s in that confusing stage. You know what I mean? He just won’t let me go and he finally fessed’ up and told me that I’m his best friend. Tip to the ladies: The whole no sex thing really works. Trust me.
2. My first laugh of the day. I laughed so hard! I was in a beauty supply store and witnessed an argument between two women- the Asian employee and an African-American customer. The customer wanted a refund, yet the policy stated no cash refunds. The argument got quite heated, but I politely carried on still shopping, acting as if I wasn’t paying attention. Then comes the kicker. I’ve seen this on movies, but never in real life. It was classic. The employee gets extremely frustrated and had enough. She then said “You get your stuff and go.” WHAT?!?! I busted out laughing! I could not contain myself. Even as she began to ring me up, I was still laughing so hard! This was the funniest moment of my day.
3. I had a lunch date with someone very different from me. Different race, different age. Ok, ok much different age. 😉 It was pretty cool- I enjoyed it. We’re different, but very similar in a lot of ways. I believe we all have more in common than we sometimes think. I’m pleased because I do want to be able to sit, talk, and enjoy myself with practically anyone. Hello, I’m a journalist. 🙂
4. I received a gift- a Bible. I mentioned in conversation that I wanted a different version and I got it today. It also has personal commentary from Oral Roberts. I’m very excited about this. I’ve already jumped in.
5. I got my eyebrows threaded! This is painful, but goodness it is sooo worth it! Oh, dang it! I forgot to get my card stamped! Geez!
Guess I will stop here. I could go on, but as you can see the list is getting less interesting. Hope you enjoyed!
Anything interesting happen to you today? 🙂