1 of my latest obsessions is the song “Poison” by Beyonce! It came out in 2008/2009, but I just recently heard it on Pandora. 1 time and I was addicted.
My post “He’s Just Like Poison” was inspired by this song! I think most of us can relate to it on one level or another. The song amazes me how they so creatively described love by comparing it to poison. Genius.
Here are a few of my favorite lines from the song:
– “You’re bad for me. I clearly get it. I don’t see how something good could come from loving you. The death of me must be your mission cause with every hug and kiss you’re snatching every bit of strength that I’m goin’ need to fight off the inevitable.” (Very first line of the song.)
– “You’re just like poison. Slowing moving through my system breaking all of my defenses with time.”
– “How could something so deadly feel so right?”
– “The cure is found in you. I don’t want it but I do.”
– “Kiss me 1 more time before I die.”
– “How many doses am I needing now? What’s the prognosis, will you be around?”
I will stop here but you MUST LISTEN TO THIS SONG!