Today I decided I’d share my bible study notes.
A friend of mine gave me the tip to read a chapter of Proverbs each day of the month. There are 31 chapters so it works almost perfectly to read the entire book of Proverbs in one month.
Today is November 15th, so I read Proverbs 15. The last verse stood out to me the most, so this is what I studied.
Proverbs 15:33 states “The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor.”
Here are my notes:
– Thank you Lord for wisdom- my wisdom comes from you.
– I’m humbled, so I will be honored.
– Fearing the Lord = Receiving wisdom.
– Gracefully be humbled, gracefully be honored.
I also referred to these definitions. I have to do this often. These words are easily misinterpreted.
– Humility = The absence of pride.
– Pride (the negative pride) = The attitude that one is better than others.
I pray this helps someone! Remember these 2 points:
1. Fear the Lord so that he may grant you wisdom.
2. Humility comes before honor.
I hope everyone has an incredible, blessed, positive, productive Friday!