If you’ve never seen the movie “B.A.P.S.”, it is a comedy from 1997 starring Halle Berry. Directed by Robert Townsend, who also starred in the movie “The Five Heartbeats”, “B.A.P.S.” is a comedy that unfolds the story of two young, black waitresses from Georgia that end up ‘living large’ and experiencing the finer things of life in Beverly Hills.
With scenes ranging from one of the girls screaming and running out of the pool when she got her hair wet, to Halle Berry fighting a burglar, this movie is bound to keep you laughing!
Although it is a comedy, the movie nicely weaves in great lines as well as great lessons. Below are 5 lines from the movie “B.A.P.S.”
1. “Money makes people do the strangest things.”
2. “I almost lost all my dreams when I was a very young man. Fortunately there was a skinny, bowlegged girl who was filled with dreams. Everything I have today is because of her.”
3. “There is no fortune worth the loss of a true love. Some things are priceless.”
4. “All I know is I’ve had one dream, and one dream only since high school- and that’s to be with you.”
The movie is a comedy, so lastly…
5. “I want to take you out to dinner. Every time we go out we got to watch other people eat. Hell, I wanna eat too.”
Hope you enjoyed! For more information on “B.A.P.S.” click here.